Re: Switch to multi-inserts for pg_depend

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Switch to multi-inserts for pg_depend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Aug-13, Michael Paquier wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 05:35:14AM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Next to the API definition I guess, is that dependency.h?
>
> We need something more central, see also MAX_PGATTRIBUTE_INSERT_BYTES
> and MAX_PGSHDEPEND_INSERT_BYTES.  And the definition should be named
> something like MAX_CATALOG_INSERT_BYTES or such I guess.

MAX_CATALOG_INSERT_BYTES sounds decent to me.  I mentioned dependency.h
because I was uncaffeinatedly thinking that this was used with API
defined there -- but in reality it's used with indexing.h functions, and
it seems to me that that file would be the place for it.

Looking at the existing contents of catalog.h, I would say it does not
fit in there.