Re: BUG #16556: The database cluster initialisation failed - Win 10 postgresql 12.3 version installation error

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: BUG #16556: The database cluster initialisation failed - Win 10 postgresql 12.3 version installation error
Дата
Ответ на BUG #16556: The database cluster initialisation failed - Win 10 postgresql 12.3 version installation error  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 12:24:09AM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
>The following bug has been logged on the website:
>
>Bug reference:      16556
>Logged by:          Dmitri Kozlov
>Email address:      dmitrikozlov@yahoo.com
>PostgreSQL version: 12.3
>Operating system:   Windows 10
>
>Hello
>
>I am using Windows 10 Professional Machine at home. I have admin rights.
>
>I am running the installation of version 12.3 (latest)
>
>I am getting the error:
>Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
>The database cluster initialisation failed.
>
>Before Installation of version 12.3, I completed the steps below:
>1. Uninstalled version 11 from Apps & Features on windows 10
>2. Uninstalled pgadmin3 from Apps & Features on windows 10
>3. Deleted the folder: C:\Program Files\Postgresql
>4. Downloaded version 12.3 (latest)
>
>The error occurred when I try to use:
>1. The default installation path under C:\Program Files
>2. Created new folder C:\Postgresql
>
>No matter what installation path folder I use, the installation always looks
>at C:\Program Files
>I get the error no matter what installation path I use.
>
>Could you please look into this issue and let me know why I cannot install
>the new version or provide a workaround solution to address the problem.
>
>I've seen this issue reported in the past, and when I try follow the advice,
>nothing seems to work.
>
>Therefore, I decided to create the official ticket.

Seems like a bug in getProcedureColumns(), which is missing check of the
pg_proc.prokind column. getProcedures() does this

     if (connection.haveMinimumServerVersion(ServerVersion.v11)) {
       sql += " AND p.prokind='p'";
     }

but getProceduresColumns() does not, so it happily returns columns even
for functions.

Dave, does this analysis seem correct?

regards