Re: [bugfix]"make installcheck" could not work in PGXS

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [bugfix]"make installcheck" could not work in PGXS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 08:31:56AM +0000, matsumura.ryo@fujitsu.com wrote:
> I found that "make installcheck" could not work in PGXS.

Yeah, that's a known problem.  One way to counter that is for example
to grab the path of pg_regress from pg_config --libdir and set
$ENV{PG_REGRESS} to it, but that's hacky.  So I agree that it would be
good to do something.

> In non-PGXS environment, top_builddir is a relative path against the top of postgresql source tree.
> But, in PGXS, top_builddir is a absolute path like /installdir/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles intentionally.
> The existing code of [Makefile.global.in] does not consider it.
>
> I make a patch.  (It may not to be smart.)
> Please your comments.

Not sure that this goes completely to the right direction.  It seems
to me that we should have room to set and use PG_REGRESS also for
pg_regress_check and pg_regress_installcheck.
--
Michael

Вложения