Re: shared tempfile was not removed on statement_timeout

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: shared tempfile was not removed on statement_timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 05:39:02AM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 08:00:46PM +1200, Thomas Munro wrote:
> > Why can't tuplesort_end do it?
>
> Because then I think the parallel workers remove their own files, with tests
> failing like:
>
> +ERROR:  could not open temporary file "0.0" from BufFile "0": No such file or directory
>
> I look around a bit more and came up with this, which works, but I don't know
> enough to say if it's right.

I convinced myself this is right, since state->nParticipants==-1 for workers.
Only the leader should do the cleanup.

Added here:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/29/2657/

--
Justin

Вложения

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: HashAgg's batching counter starts at 0, but Hash's starts at 1.