Re: heap_abort_speculative() sets xmin to Invalid* without HEAP_XMIN_INVALID

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: heap_abort_speculative() sets xmin to Invalid* without HEAP_XMIN_INVALID
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Jul-23, Andres Freund wrote:

> I think we should change heap_abort_speculative() to set
> HEAP_XMIN_INVALID in master.

+1

> But we can't really do anything about
> existing tuples without it - therefore we will have to forever take care
> about encountering that combination :(.
>
> Perhaps we should instead or additionally make
> HeapTupleHeaderXminInvalid() explicitly check for InvalidTransactionId?

+1 for doing it as an additional fix, with a fat comment somewhere
explaining where such tuples would come from.

Additionally, but perhaps not very usefully, maybe we could have a
mechanism to inject such tuples so that code can be hardened against the
condition.