Re: Added tab completion for the missing options in copy statement

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Added tab completion for the missing options in copy statement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 04:12:02PM +0530, vignesh C wrote:
> Can we specify Insert/Update or delete with copy?
> When I tried few scenarios I was getting the following error:
> ERROR:  COPY query must have a RETURNING clause
>
> I might be missing some scenarios, just wanted to confirm if this is
> kept intentionally.

This error message says it all, this is supported for a DML that
includes a RETURNING clause:
=# create table aa (a int);
CREATE TABLE
=# copy (insert into aa values (generate_series(2,5)) returning a)
     to '/tmp/data.txt';
COPY 4
=# \! cat /tmp/data.txt
2