Re: A patch for get origin from commit_ts.

От movead.li@highgo.ca
Тема Re: A patch for get origin from commit_ts.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

>Cool, thanks.  I have gone through your patch in details, and updated
>it as the attached.  Here are some comments.

>'8000' as OID for the new function was not really random, so to be
>fair with the other patches, I picked up the first random value
>unused_oids has given me instead.
>
>There were some indentation issues, and pgindent got that fixed.

>I think that it is better to use "replication origin" in the docs
>instead of just origin.  I have kept "origin" in the functions for
>now as that sounded cleaner to me, but we may consider using something
>like "reporigin" as well as attribute name.
>
>The tests could just use tstzrange() to make sure that the timestamps
>have valid values, so I have switched to that, and did not resist to
>do the same in the existing tests.
>
>+-- Test when it can not find the transaction
>+SELECT * FROM pg_xact_commit_timestamp_origin((:'txid_set_origin'::text::int +
>10)::text::xid) x;
>This test could become unstable, particularly if it gets used in a
>parallel environment, so I have removed it.  Perhaps I am just
>over-pessimistic here though..
>
>As a side note, I think that we could just remove the alternate output
>of commit_ts/, as it does not really get used because of the
>NO_INSTALLCHECK present in the module's Makefile.  That would be the
>job of a different patch, so I have updated it accordingly.  Glad to
>see that you did not forget to adapt it in your own patch.
>
>(The change in catversion.h is a self-reminder...)
Thanks for all of that, so many details I still need to pay attention when
submit a patch.

Regards,
Highgo Software (Canada/China/Pakistan)
EMAIL: mailto:movead(dot)li(at)highgo(dot)ca

От: "movead.li@highgo.ca"
Сообщение: Re: pg_resetwal --next-transaction-id may cause database failed to restart.
От: Andreas Karlsson
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Look-behind regular expressions