Re: why do we allow people to create a publication before setting wal_leve

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: why do we allow people to create a publication before setting wal_leve
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 02, 2020 at 12:37:29PM -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
>This seems pretty strange:
>
>create publication pub1 for all tables;
>
> WARNING:  wal_level is insufficient to publish logical changes
>HINT:  Set wal_level to logical before creating subscriptions.

pg_dump restoring a database with publications would fail unnecessarily.

There's a more detailed explanation in the thread that ultimately added
the warning in 2019:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAPjy-57rn5Y9g4e5u--eSOP-7P4QrE9uOZmT2ZcUebF8qxsYhg%40mail.gmail.com

regards