Re: track_planning causing performance regression

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: track_planning causing performance regression
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2020-06-29 09:05:18 +0200, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> I can't reproduce this on my laptop, but I can certainly believe that
> running the same 3 queries using more connections than available cores
> will lead to extra overhead.

> I disagree with the conclusion though.  It seems to me that if you
> really have this workload that consists in these few queries and want
> to get better performance, you'll anyway use a connection pooler
> and/or use prepared statements, which will make this overhead
> disappear entirely, and will also yield an even bigger performance
> improvement.

It's an extremely common to have have times where there's more active
queries than CPUs. And a pooler won't avoid that fully, at least not
without drastically reducing overall throughput.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: track_planning causing performance regression
Сообщение: Re: track_planning causing performance regression