Re: TAP tests and symlinks on Windows

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: TAP tests and symlinks on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 02:00:37PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> We should be more accurate about things like this:
>
> +# The following tests test symlinks. Windows may not have symlinks, so
> +# skip there.
>
> The issue isn't whether Windows has symlinks, since all versions of Windows
> supported by PostgreSQL do (AFAIK).  The issue is only whether the Perl
> installation that runs the tests has symlink support.  And that is only
> necessary if the test itself wants to create or inspect symlinks.  For
> example, there are existing tests involving tablespaces that work just fine
> on Windows.

Check.  Indeed that sounds confusing.

> Relatedly, your patch ends up skipping the tests on MSYS2, even though Perl
> supports symlinks there out of the box.

Do you think that it would be enough to use what Andrew has mentioned
in [1]?  I don't have a MSYS2 installation, so I am unfortunately not
able to confirm that, but I would just move the check to TestLib.pm
and save it in an extra variable.

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/6c5ffed0-20ee-8878-270f-ab56b7023802@2ndQuadrant.com
--
Michael