Re: Allow CURRENT_ROLE in GRANTED BY

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Allow CURRENT_ROLE in GRANTED BY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Jun-24, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> I was checking some loose ends in SQL conformance, when I noticed: We
> support GRANT role ... GRANTED BY CURRENT_USER, but we don't support
> CURRENT_ROLE in that place, even though in PostgreSQL they are equivalent.
> Here is a trivial patch to add that.

Hmm, since this adds to RoleSpec, this change makes every place that
uses that production also take CURRENT_ROLE, so we'd need to document in
all those places.  For example, alter_role.sgml, create_schema.sgml,
etc.

This also affects role_list (but maybe the docs for those are already
vague enough -- eg. ALTER INDEX .. OWNED BY only says "role_name" with
no further explanation, even though it does take "current_user".)