Re: PostgreSQL and big data - FDW

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PostgreSQL and big data - FDW
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL and big data - FDW  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 09:05:30AM +0000, ROS Didier wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to use a Foreign Data Wrapper (FDW) to connect to a HADOOP cluster
> which uses KERBEROS authentication.
>
> is it possible to achieve this ? which FDW should be used ?

Well, I would use the Hadoop FDW:

    https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/hdfs_fdw

and it only supports these authentication methods:

    Authentication Support

    The FDW supports NOSASL and LDAP authentication modes. In order to use
    NOSASL do not specify any OPTIONS while creating user mapping. For LDAP
    username and password must be specified in OPTIONS while creating user mapping.

Not every FDW supports every Postgres server authentication method.