Re: pg_regress cleans up tablespace twice.

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_regress cleans up tablespace twice.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 05:25:08PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> I thought of that but didn't in the patch.  I refrained from doing
> that because the output directory is dedicatedly created at the only
> place (pg_upgrade test) where the --outputdir is specified. (I think I
> tend to do too-much.)

So, I have reviewed the patch aimed at removing the cleanup of
testtablespace done with WIN32, and finished with the attached to
clean up things.  I simplified the logic, to not have to parse
REGRESS_OPTS for --outputdir (no need for a regex, leaving
EXTRA_REGRESS_OPTS alone), and reworked the code so as the tablespace
cleanup only happens only where we need to: check, installcheck and
upgradecheck.  No need for that with contribcheck, modulescheck,
plcheck and ecpgcheck.

Note that after I changed my patch, this converged with a portion of
patch 0002 you have posted here:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20200511.171354.514381788845037011.horikyota.ntt@gmail.com

Now about 0002, I tend to agree that we should try to do something
about pg_upgrade test creating removing and then creating an extra
testtablespace path that is not necessary as pg_upgrade test uses its
own --outputdir.  I have not actually seen this stuff being a problem
in practice as the main regression test suite runs first, largely
before pg_upgrade test even with parallel runs so they have a low
probability of conflict.  I'll try to think about a couple of options,
one of them I have in mind now being that we could finally switch the
upgrade tests to TAP and let test.sh go to the void.  This is an
independent problem, so let's tackle both issues separately.
--
Michael

Вложения