Re: Add support for INDEX_CLEANUP and TRUNCATE to vacuumdb

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Add support for INDEX_CLEANUP and TRUNCATE to vacuumdb
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 12:41:17AM +0000, Bossart, Nathan wrote:
> I quickly put together a patch to add INDEX_CLEANUP and TRUNCATE to
> vacuumdb before noticing a previous thread for it [0].  My  take on it
> was to just name the options --skip-index-cleanup and --skip-truncate.
> While that does not give you a direct mapping to the corresponding
> VACUUM options, it simplifies the patch by avoiding the boolean
> parameter parsing stuff altogether.

Cannot blame you for that.  There is little sense to have a pure
mapping with the options here with some custom boolean parsing.  What
about naming them --no-index-cleanup and --no-truncate instead?  I
would suggest to track the option values with variables named like
do_truncate and do_index_cleanup.  That would be similar with what we
do with --no-sync for example.
--
Michael

Вложения