Re: pg_upgrade fails with non-standard ACL

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pg_upgrade fails with non-standard ACL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Jun-08, Anastasia Lubennikova wrote:

> In this version I rebased test patches,  added some more comments, fixed
> memory allocation issue and also removed code that handles ACLs on
> languages. They require a lot of specific handling, while I doubt that their
> signatures, which consist of language name only, are subject to change in
> any future versions.

I'm thinking what's a good way to have a test that's committable.  Maybe
it would work to add a TAP test to pg_upgrade that runs initdb, does a
few GRANTS as per your attachment, then runs pg_upgrade?  Currently the
pg_upgrade tests are not TAP ... we'd have to revive
https://postgr.es/m/20180126080026.GI17847@paquier.xyz
(Some progress was already made on the buildfarm front to permit this)