Re: elog(DEBUG2 in SpinLocked section.

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: elog(DEBUG2 in SpinLocked section.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 12:36:34AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Should we think about adding automated detection of this type of
> mistake?  I don't like the attached as-is because of the #include
> footprint expansion, but maybe we can find a better way.

I think that this one first boils down to the FRONTEND dependency in
those headers.  Or in short, spin.h may get loaded by the frontend but
we have a backend-only API, no?

> It's actually worse in the back branches, because elog() did not have
> a good short-circuit path like ereport() does.  +1 for back-patch.

Thanks, got that fixed down to 9.5.
--
Michael

Вложения

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: libpq copy error handling busted
Сообщение: Re: libpq copy error handling busted