Re: Expand the use of check_canonical_path() for more GUCs

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Expand the use of check_canonical_path() for more GUCs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-May-28, Mark Dilger wrote:

> A little poking around shows that in SelectConfigFiles(), these four
> directories were set by SetConfigOption().  I don't see a problem with
> the code, but the way this stuff is spread around makes it easy for
> somebody adding a new GUC file path to do it wrong.  I don't have much
> opinion about Peter's preference that paths be left alone, but I'd
> prefer some comments in guc.c explaining it all.  The only cleanup
> that occurs to me is to reorder ConfigureNamesString[] to have all the
> path options back-to-back, with the four that are set by
> SelectConfigFiles() at the top with comments about why they are
> special, and the rest after that with comments about why they need or
> do not need canonicalization.

No need for reorganization, I think, just have a comment on top of each
entry that doesn't use canonicalization such as "no canonicalization,
as explained in ..." where that refers to a single largish comment that
explains what canonicalization is, why you use it, and why you don't.