Re: Linux Update Experience

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Re: Linux Update Experience
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 02:36:34PM +0000, Zwettler Markus (OIZ) wrote:

> Hi Adrian,
>
> I'm not talking about this specific bug or its resolution.
>
> I want to talk about the Linux update problem in general.
>
> Anyone updating Linux might get such nerving dependency troubles.
>
> How do you handle this situation? Updating more frequently? Updating less frequently? Not updating anymore?

If we ask ourselves general questions there can't be, by the
very nature of the question, any more specific answer beyond:

It depends.

Conventional wisdom holds it that updating "more frequently"
(not "accruing technical debt") helps -- the trick is to find
the balance between early effort and lag.

Karsten
--
GPG  40BE 5B0E C98E 1713 AFA6  5BC0 3BEA AC80 7D4F C89B