Re: New 'pg' consolidated metacommand patch

От Christoph Moench-Tegeder
Тема Re: New 'pg' consolidated metacommand patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
## Magnus Hagander (magnus@hagander.net):

> Ugh, yeah, please don't do that. Renaming them just to make it "look more
> modern" helps nobody, really. Especially if the suggestion is people should
> be using the shared-launcher binary anyway.

Quick, let's invent a fancy name like "microcommand" for doing this
like we're used to; then we tell people that's the new "modern" (anybody
cares to write a Medium article for that? (why Medium? it's neither
Rare nor Well Done)). What might make sense for (some) version control
systems and is tempting in languages which have forgotten howto shared
library might not be the best architecture for everything. What has
become of the collection of small dedicated tools?

Regards,
Christoph

--
Spare Space