Re: password_encryption default

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: password_encryption default
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Jonathan S. Katz (jkatz@postgresql.org) wrote:
> > On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 02:56:34PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >> Seems like the better choice yeah. Since we're changing the default anyway,
> >> maybe now is the time to do that? Or if not, maybe have it log an explicit
> >> deprecation warning when it loads a config with it?
> >
> > Not sure that's worth it here, so I would just remove the whole.  It
> > would be confusing to keep the past values and have them map to
> > something we think is not an appropriate default.
>
> +1 to removing the legacy options. It could break some people on legacy
> upgrades, but my guess would be that said situations are very small, and
> we would document the removal of these as "breaking changes" in the
> release notes.

Agreed- let's remove the legacy options.  As I've mentioned elsewhere,
distros may manage the issue for us, and if we want to get into it, we
could consider adding support to pg_upgrade to complain if it comes
across a legacy setting that isn't valid.  I'm not sure that's
worthwhile though.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения