Re: max_slot_wal_keep_size comment in postgresql.conf

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: max_slot_wal_keep_size comment in postgresql.conf
Дата
Re: max_slot_wal_keep_size comment in postgresql.conf  (Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 10:46:27AM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> Agreed. It should be a leftover at the time the unit was changed
> (before committed) to MB from bytes.  The default value makes the
> confusion worse.
>
> Is the following works?
>
> #max_slot_wal_keep_size = -1  # in MB; -1 disables

Indeed, better to fix that.  The few GUCs using memory units that have
such a mention in their comments use the actual name of the memory
unit, and not its abbreviation (see log_temp_files).  So it seems more
logic to me to just use "in megabytes; -1 disables", that would be
also more consistent with the time-unit-based ones.
--
Michael

Вложения