Re: hash join error improvement (old)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: hash join error improvement (old)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-May-26, Tom Lane wrote:

> Digging further down, it looks like BufFileWrite calls BufFileDumpBuffer
> which calls FileWrite which takes pains to set errno correctly after a
> short write --- so other than the lack of commentary about these
> functions' error-reporting API, I don't think there's any actual bug here.

Doh, you're right, this patch is completely broken ... aside from
carelessly writing the wrong "if" test, my unfamiliarity with the stdio
fread/fwrite interface is showing.  I'll look more carefully.

> Are you sure you correctly identified the source of the bogus error
> report?

Nope.  And I wish the bogus error report was all there was to it.  The
actual problem is a server crash.