Re: Default gucs for EXPLAIN

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Default gucs for EXPLAIN
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* David G. Johnston (david.g.johnston@gmail.com) wrote:
> On Monday, May 25, 2020, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > * Michael Paquier (michael@paquier.xyz) wrote:
> >
> > Would probably help to understand what your thinking is here regarding
> > how it could be done for everything...?  In particular, what else are
> > you thinking it'd be sensible for?
>
> COPY comes to mind immediately.

Indeed... and we have a \copy already, so following my proposal, at
least, it seems like we could naturally add in options to have defaults
to be used with \copy is used in psql.  That might end up being a bit
more interesting since we didn't contempalte that idea when \copy was
first written and therefore we might need to change the syntax that the
backend COPY commands to make this work (maybe adopting a similar syntax
to explain, in addition to the existing WITH options after the COPY
command, and then deciding which to prefer when both exist, or thorw an
error in such a case).

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения