Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalog descriptions

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalog descriptions
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 2020-May-06, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> ... oh, okay.  I guess I was reporting that the font on the new version
> seems to have got smaller.  Looking at other pages, it appears that the
> font is indeed a lot smaller in all tables, including those Tom has been
> editing.  So maybe this is desirable for some reason.  I'll have to keep
> my magnifying glass handy, I suppose.

I happened to notice that the font used in the tables get smaller if you
make the browser window narrower.  So what was happening is that I was
using a window that didn't cover the entire screen.

If I let the window use my whole screen, the font in the table is the
same size than the text outside the table; if I reduce to ~1239 pixels,
the font becomes somewhat smaller; if I further reduce to ~953 pixels,
it gets really small.  Meanwhile, the non-table text keeps the same size
the whole time.  (The pixel sizes at which changes occur seem to vary
with the zoom percentage I use, but the behavior is always there.)

Is this something that CSS does somehow?  Is this something you expected?

Happens with both Brave (a Chromium derivate) and Firefox.