Re: Adding xreflable

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Adding xreflable
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 11:06:58AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Well, I would like both the SQL command references and the application
> > man pages to have xreflabel text.
>
> I guess my point is that in the other several thousand pages of the docs,
> we just use <xref linkend="sql-whatever"/> or <xref
> linkend="app-whatever"/>, and it looks fine and works fine.  Why are you
> insisting on doing it differently in the release notes?
>
> (I also have a vague memory that we used to use special xref labels for
> SQL commands, and got rid of it.  So this seems like undoing history
> with no solid reasoning.  That was with the previous doc toolchain of
> course, but it's still the case that we don't seem to need this.)

I think I see it now.  Our README.links says:

<xref>
        use to get chapter/section number from the title of the target
-->     link, or xreflabel if defined at the target, or refentrytitle if target
-->     is a refentry;  has no close tag
        http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/documentation/reference/html/xref.html

I was not aware that refentry can pull from refentrytitle.  I just
tested it for pg_upgrade, and it worked fine.  I will adjust the release
notes now to use them.  Thanks.