Adding xreflable

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Adding xreflable
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
You might know that while SGML's <link> requires you to specify link
text, <xref> can pull text from the "xreflabel" link site;  our
doc/src/sgml/README.links file explains it:

    <xref>
            use to get chapter/section number from the title of the target
            link, or xreflabel if defined at the target, or refentrytitle if target
            is a refentry;  has no close tag
            http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/documentation/reference/html/xref.html

    linkend=
            controls the target of the link/xref, required

    endterm=
            for <xref>, allows the text of the link/xref to be taken from a
            different link target title

    <link>
            use to supply text for the link, only uses linkend, requires </link>
            http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/documentation/reference/html/link.html

I have noticed that our ref/*.sgml pages don't have such labels.  I
would like to add them and use them for our release notes.  Some of our
extensions need them too.

I think I need to backpatch this so that minor release notes can use
them too.  OK?  I have also noticed that the comment headings at the top
of our ref/*.sgml files are inconsistent and will fix those too.