Re: +(pg_lsn, int8) and -(pg_lsn, int8) operators

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: +(pg_lsn, int8) and -(pg_lsn, int8) operators
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Sat, 9 May 2020 23:40:15 +0900, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> wrote in

> On 2020/05/08 12:10, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> > At Fri, 8 May 2020 11:31:42 +0900, Fujii Masao
> > <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> wrote in
> >>
> >> This sounds ambiguous. I like to use clearer messages like
> >>
> >> cannot add NaN to pg_lsn
> >> cannot subtract NaN from pg_lsn
> > They works fine to me.
>
> Ok, I updated pg_lsn_pli() and pg_lsn_mii() so that they emit an error
> when NaN is specified as the number of bytes.

It's fine with me.

> > Sorry, I misread the patch as it rejected -1 for *nbytes*, by seeing
> > numeric_pg_lsn.
> > Finally, I'm convinced that we lack required integer arithmetic
> > infrastructure to perform the objective.
> > The patch looks good to me except the size of buf[], but I don't
> > strongly object to that.
>
> Ok, I changed the size of buf[] to 32.
> Attached is the updated version of the patch.

Thank you very much!  The patch looks good to me.

regard.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Add "-Wimplicit-fallthrough" to default flags (was Re: pgsql:Support FETCH FIRST WITH TIES)