Re: Logical replication subscription owner

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Logical replication subscription owner
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Fri, May 08, 2020 at 03:03:26PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> At Fri, 8 May 2020 01:02:11 -0400, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote in
>> On 2020-May-07, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> FWIW, I would argue that LOGIN permits logging in on a regular SQL
>>> connection, while REPLICATION should permit logging in on a
>>> replication connection, and there's no reason for either to depend on
>>> or require the other.
>>
>> I agree with this.
>
> I agree, too.  Anyway, it is unreasonable that a user is banned for
> the lack of replication-attribute after a successful *replication*
> login.

Not to make the life of everybody more complicated here, but I don't
agree.  LOGIN and REPLICATION are in my opinion completely orthogonal
and it sounds more natural IMO that a REPLICATION user should be able
to log into the server only if it has LOGIN defined.
--
Michael

Вложения