Re: Unify drop-by-OID functions

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Unify drop-by-OID functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-May-05, Ranier Vilela wrote:

> And in that specific case, leaving resources blocked, which perhaps, in my
> humble opinion, could be released quickly.

I very much doubt that you can measure any difference at all between
these two codings of the function.

I agree with the principle you mention, of not holding resources for
long if they can be released earlier; but in this case the table_close
call occurs across a ReleaseSysCache() call, which is hardly of
significance.  It's not like you have to wait for some other
transaction, or wait for I/O, or anything like that that would make it
measurable.

Сообщение: Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft
Сообщение: Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft