Re: Should program exit, When close() failed for O_RDONLY mode

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Should program exit, When close() failed for O_RDONLY mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, May 03, 2020 at 10:18:27AM -0700, Noah Misch wrote:
> I would not say that.  If close() does fail, something is badly wrong in the
> program or the system running it.  Though I opt not to check the return value,
> if one does check it, exiting is a suitable response.

FWIW, it seems to me that we have an argument for copy_fetch.c that it
can be an advantage to know if something wrong is going on
beforehand: let's remember that after running pg_rewind, the target
will be started to replay up to its consistent point.
--
Michael

Вложения