Re: [BUG] non archived WAL removed during production crash recovery

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [BUG] non archived WAL removed during production crash recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 06:21:07PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> Agreed to the diagnosis and the fix. The fix reliably cause a restart
> point then the restart point manipulats the status files the right way
> before the CHECKPOINT command resturns, in the both cases.

Thanks for checking!

> If I would add something to the fix, the following line may need a
> comment.
>
> +# Wait for the checkpoint record is replayed so that the following
> +# CHECKPOINT causes a restart point reliably.
> |+$standby1->poll_query_until('postgres',
> |+    qq{ SELECT pg_wal_lsn_diff(pg_last_wal_replay_lsn(), '$primary_lsn') >= 0 }

Makes sense, added a comment and applied to HEAD.  I have also
improved the comment around the split with pg_switch_wal(), and
actually simplified the test to use as wait point the return value
from the function.
--
Michael

Вложения