Re: Can I tell libpq to connect to the primary?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Can I tell libpq to connect to the primary?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 08:54:35AM +0200, Christian Ramseyer wrote:
> Never mind, after RTFM'ing to the very end of
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/libpq-connect.html I have
> discovered target_session_attrs=read-write|any which seems to do exactly
> what I want.

Yes, as long as you don't have as requirement to make sure to connect
to a standby session this would not be a problem.  Supporting a
read-only mode for target_session_attrs is a problem we have been
stuck on for some time because of the potential issues you could face
when attempting to connect a cluster that has just been freshly
promoted: when connecting to the server libpq may see the connection
as read-only but if the standby gets promoted that could become
incorrect.
--
Michael

Вложения