Re: BUG #16325: Assert failure on partitioning by int for a textvalue with a collation

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #16325: Assert failure on partitioning by int for a textvalue with a collation
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Apr 07, 2020 at 04:49:44PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Thanks for the new version of the patch.  I have been playing a bit
> today, and finished with the version attached.  Some comments have
> been tweaked, and I have moved the test in the block with the other
> invalid cases for consistency, adding an extra test able to trigger a
> similar error within the transformation step where a parse context
> exists.  It is a bit late now so I cannot push that today, but I'll
> do that tomorrow.

I was considering this stuff again, and I got cold feet regarding the
fact that we may be able to hit the case of a collation not set if the
type is collatable depending on how the restrictions now in place for
partition bound expressions get lifted in the future, so I have
committed what you sent as v1, after changing the first error message
to use "partition bound expression" and after adding a comment on top
of the new checks.
--
Michael

Вложения