Re: [BUG] non archived WAL removed during production crash recovery

От Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Тема Re: [BUG] non archived WAL removed during production crash recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 02 Apr 2020 13:07:34 +0900 (JST)
Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, it was quite ambiguous.
>
> At Thu, 02 Apr 2020 13:04:43 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi
> <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> > At Wed, 1 Apr 2020 18:17:35 +0200, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
> > <jgdr@dalibo.com> wrote in
> > > Please, find in attachment a patch implementing this.
> >
> > The patch partially reintroduces the issue the patch have
> > fixed. Specifically a standby running a crash recovery wrongly marks a
> > WAL file as ".ready" if it is extant in pg_wal without accompanied by
> > .ready file.
>
> The patch partially reintroduces the issue the commit 78ea8b5daa have
> fixed. Specifically a standby running a crash recovery wrongly marks a
> WAL file as ".ready" if it is extant in pg_wal without accompanied by
> .ready file.

As far as I understand StartupXLOG(), NOT_IN_RECOVERY and IN_CRASH_RECOVERY are
only set for production clusters, not standby ones. So the following test
should never catch standby cluster as :

  (XLogArchivingActive() && inRecoveryState != IN_ARCHIVE_RECOVERY)

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but do I miss something?

Regards,