Re: pgbench - add \aset to store results of a combined query

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgbench - add \aset to store results of a combined query
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 03:30:58PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Except for the addition of a test case to skip empty results when
> \aset is used, I think that we are pretty good here.

While hacking on the patch more by myself, I found that mixing tests
for \gset and \aset was rather messy.  A test for an empty result
leads also to a failure with the pgbench command as we want to make
sure that the variable does not exist in this case using debug().  So
let's split the tests in three parts:
- the set for \get is left alone.
- addition of a new set for the valid cases of \aset.
- addition of an invalid test for \aset (the empty set one).

Fabien, what do you think about the attached?  Perhaps we should also
have a test where we return more than 1 row for \get?  The last point
is unrelated to this thread though.
--
Michael

Вложения