Re: error context for vacuum to include block number

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: error context for vacuum to include block number
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 02:31:53PM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> Now that the main patch is committed, I have reviewed the other two patches.

Thanks for that

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 02:31:53PM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> The v37-0003-Avoid-some-calls-to-RelationGetRelationName.patch looks
> good to me.  I have added the commit message in the patch.

I realized the 0003 patch has an error in lazy_vacuum_index; it should be:

-                                       RelationGetRelationName(indrel),
+                                       vacrelstats->indname,

That was maybe due to originally using a separate errinfo for each phase, with
one "char *relname" and no "char *indrel".

> I don't think the above change is correct.  How will vacrelstats have
> correct values when vacuum_one_index is called via parallel workers
> (via parallel_vacuum_main)?

You're right: parallel main's vacrelstats was added by this patchset and only
the error context fields were initialized.  I fixed it up in the attached by
also setting vacrelstats->new_rel_tuples and old_live_tuples.  It's not clear
if this is worth it just to save an argument to two functions?

--
Justin

Вложения