Re: Possible copy and past error? (\usr\backend\commands\analyze.c)

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Possible copy and past error? (\usr\backend\commands\analyze.c)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 07:48:22AM -0300, Ranier Vilela wrote:
> I completely disagree. My tools have proven their worth, including finding
> serious errors in the code, which fortunately have been fixed by other
> committers.

FWIW, I think that the rule to always take Coverity's reports with a
pinch of salt applies for any report.

> When issuing this alert, the tool does not value judgment regarding
> performance or optimization, but it does an excellent job of finding
> similar patterns in adjacent lines, and the only thing it asked for was to
> be asked if this was really the case. original author's intention.

The code context matters a lot, but here let's leave this code alone.
There is nothing wrong with it.
--
Michael

Вложения