Re: BUG #16320: GSSAPI Error

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: BUG #16320: GSSAPI Error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Greetings,

* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > * PG Bug reporting form (noreply@postgresql.org) wrote:
> >> Hello, i tried to uninstall and reinstall the Postgresql multiple times, but
> >> every time i go to enter my password, it gives me a GSSAPI error.
>
> > You're probably getting bit by the broken GSSAPI library on OSX.  Try
> > installing a supported library (MIT Kerberos or Heimdal).
>
> Should we document somewhere that we consider that unsupported?
> Trying it here, I see a bunch of "deprecation" warnings during
> the build, but it does build --- which might lead people to expect
> that it'd work.

There had been discussion on another thread about trying to figure out a
way to detect the OSX GSSAPI library and refuse to build with GSSAPI
support when that's what we'd be building against.  I didn't see anyone
post a patch though and I haven't got an OSX box to play with myself
easily at hand.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения