Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command fromrecovery.conf or command line

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command fromrecovery.conf or command line
Дата
Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command fromrecovery.conf or command line  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 12:22:16PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Thanks Alvaro and Alexander.  0001 has been applied as of e09ad07.
> Now for 0002, let's see about it later.  Attached is a rebased
> version, with no actual changes.

I was looking at this patch again today and I am rather fine with the
existing semantics.  Still I don't like much to name the frontend-side
routine FrontendRestoreArchivedFile() and use a different name than
the backend counterpart because we have to include xlog_internal.h in
fe_archive.c to be able to grab XLOGDIR.

So here is an idea: let's move the declaration of the routines part of
xlogarchive.c to a new header, called xlogarchive.h, and then let's
use the same routine name for the frontend and the backend in this
second patch.  We include xlog_internal.h already in many frontend
tools, so that would clean up things a bit.  Two extra things are the
routines for the checkpointer as well as the variables like
ArchiveRecoveryRequested.  It may be nice to move those while on it,
but I am not sure where and that's not actually required for this
patch set so that could be addressed later if need be.

Any thoughts?
--
Michael

Вложения