Re: PG 12: Partitioning across a FDW?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: PG 12: Partitioning across a FDW?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

* Laurenz Albe (laurenz.albe@cybertec.at) wrote:
> On Tue, 2020-03-24 at 17:50 -0500, Chris Morris wrote:
> > Is it even possible to use PG partitioning across a Foreign Server?
>
> I am not certain what you mean, but you can have foreign tables as partitions
> of a partitioned table.  The partitions won't be processed in parallel though.

Not yet..  There is ongoing work to make that happen though.

Also, accesses through the partitioned table to the foreign tables can
happen in parallel, of course, just has to be through different
connections to the main database.  This makes it reasonable to consider
using a partitioned table across foreign tables for queries that are
pulling back a small set of records, ideally based on the partition key
so that only the one foreign table that has the data you need is
queried, but it's not so good for large analytical type of workloads
where you want to run something across all of the partitions in
parallel (and in parallel on each of the partitions, etc).

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: PG 12: Partitioning across a FDW?
Сообщение: Re: PG 12: Partitioning across a FDW?