Re: color by default

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: color by default
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 11:22:07PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 11:15:07PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Yeah, but the point is precisely that pg_logging_init()
>> also responds to PG_COLORS, which is not documented anywhere.
>
> Oh, I thought it was a typo.  OK, so it still an open item.

Yes, I really think that we should have a new section in the docs for
that with more meaningful examples rather than copy-paste that stuff
across more pages of the docs.  Note that 5aaa584 has plugged all the
holes related to PG_COLOR I could find, and that pg_ctl and pg_upgrade
initialize logging with pg_logging_init() but these two cannot use
coloring because they have their own idea of what logging should be.
--
Michael

Вложения