Re: logical copy_replication_slot issues

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: logical copy_replication_slot issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks Arseny and Masahiko, I pushed this patch just now.  I changed
some comments while at it, hopefully they are improvements.

On 2020-Mar-09, Masahiko Sawada wrote:

>     ctx = CreateInitDecodingContext(plugin, NIL,
> -                                   false,  /* do not build snapshot */
> +                                   false,  /* do not build data snapshot */
>                                     restart_lsn,
>                                     logical_read_local_xlog_page, NULL, NULL,
>                                     NULL);
>
> I'm not sure this change makes the comment better. Could you elaborate
> on the motivation of this change?

I addressed this issue by adding a comment in CreateInitDecodingContext
to explain the parameter, and then reference that comment's terminology
in this call.  I think it ends up clearer overall -- not that this whole
area is at all particularly clear.

Thanks again.