Re: error context for vacuum to include block number

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: error context for vacuum to include block number
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 11:44:25AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 04, 2020 at 04:21:06PM +0900, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> > > Thank you for updating the patch. But we have two more places where we
> > > do fsm vacuum.
> >
> > Oops, thanks.
> it is not clear whether it is a good idea to keep a phase like
> VACUUM_ERRCB_PHASE_VACUUM_FSM as it has added additional updates in
> multiple places in the code.

I think you're suggesting to rip out VACUUM_ERRCB_PHASE_VACUUM_FSM, and allow
reporting any errors there with an error context like "while scanning heap".

An alternative in the three places using VACUUM_ERRCB_PHASE_VACUUM_FSM is to
set:

|phase = VACUUM_ERRCB_PHASE_UNKNOWN;

to avoid reporting any error context until another phase is set.

--
Justin