Re: allow online change primary_conninfo

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: allow online change primary_conninfo
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 11:17:38AM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> ... oh, that's exactly what 0002 does.  So patch 0001 is only about
> making a temporary change to the create_temp_slot to be consistent with
> existing policy, before changing the policy.

Yes.  In my opinion, patch 0002 should not change the GUC mode of
wal_receiver_create_temp_slot as the discussion here is about
primary_conninfo, even if both may share some logic regarding WAL
receiver shutdown and its restart triggered by the startup process.

Patch 0001 has actually been presented on this thread first:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/753391579708726@iva3-77ae5995f07f.qloud-c.yandex.net
And there is an independent patch registered in this CF:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/27/2456/

Should we add patch 0001 as an open item for v13 as there is a risk of
forgetting this issue?  I have created a wiki blank page a couple of
weeks back:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_13_Open_Items
--
Michael