Re: Berserk Autovacuum (let's save next Mandrill)

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: Berserk Autovacuum (let's save next Mandrill)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 02:38:51PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> > Having now played with the patch, I'll suggest that 10000000 is too high a
> > threshold.  If autovacuum runs without FREEZE, I don't see why it couldn't be
> > much lower (100000?) or use (0.2 * n_ins + 50) like the other autovacuum GUC.
>
> ISTM that the danger of regressing workloads due to suddenly repeatedly
> scanning huge indexes that previously were never / rarely scanned is
> significant

You're right - at one point, I was going to argue to skip index cleanup, and I
think wrote that before I finished convincing myself why it wasn't ok to skip.

--
Justin

Сообщение: Re: backend type in log_line_prefix?
Сообщение: Re: backend type in log_line_prefix?