Re: PostgreSQL10.x client Vs. PostgreSQL 11.x server

От Peter J. Holzer
Тема Re: PostgreSQL10.x client Vs. PostgreSQL 11.x server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2020-03-13 08:47:59 +0000, Jimmy Angelakos wrote:
> By using an older client, you will be missing out on the additional
> features that Postgres 11 (and its corresponding client) supports.

This is not correct. You can use all the additional features which only
affect the server. None of the major enhancements mentioned at the start
of the release notes (partitioning, parallelism, stored procedures, JIT,
...) should depend on the client.

I am talking about low level client libraries here, like libpq or a
ODBC, JDBC or DBD driver. An ORM or similar framework may well depend on
server-side enhancements. Also, client programs (e.g. psql) may also
have some enhancements.

        hp

Вложения