Re: shared-memory based stats collector

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: shared-memory based stats collector
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thank you very much!!

At Thu, 12 Mar 2020 20:13:24 -0700, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote in
> Hi,
>
> Thomas, could you look at the first two patches here, and my review
> questions?
>

> General comments about this series:
> - A lot of the review comments feel like I've written them before, a
>   year or more ago. I feel this patch ought to be in a much better
>   state. There's a lot of IMO fairly obvious stuff here, and things that
>   have been mentioned multiple times previously.

I apologize for all of the obvious stuff or things that have been
mentioned..  I'll address them.

> - There's a *lot* of typos in here. I realize being an ESL is hard, but
>   a lot of these can be found with the simplest spellchecker.  That's
>   one thing for a patch that just has been hacked up as a POC, but this
>   is a multi year thread?

I'll review all changed part again.  I used ispell but I should have
failed to check much of the changes.

> - There's some odd formatting. Consider using pgindent more regularly.

I'll do so.

> More detailed comments below.

Thank you very much for the intensive review, I'm going to revise the
patch according to them.

> I'm considering rewriting the parts of the patchset that I don't like -
> but it'll look quite different afterwards.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center