Re: Another INSTEAD OF TRIGGER question

От stan
Тема Re: Another INSTEAD OF TRIGGER question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Mar 08, 2020 at 10:07:24PM +0100, S??ndor Daku wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Mar 2020 at 21:26, stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:

> > trigger to

> > caused

> > deserve

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Still, you can access that information in the TG_OP variable available in
> > > trigger functions because you can define triggers firing on
> > > multiple operation types.
> > > For instance this is an example from the Postgres documentation:
> > >
> > > CREATE TRIGGER emp_audit
> > > INSTEAD OF INSERT OR UPDATE OR DELETE ON emp_view
> > >     FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE FUNCTION update_emp_view();
> > >

> > Thaks for the info.
> >
> > Could yoou clarify how to acces this variable:
> >
> > This does not work:
> >
> > elog( NOTICE, "For OP $_TD->{TG_OP}" )
> >
> > But this does work
> >
> > elog( NOTICE, "On Table $_TD->{table_name}" );
> > --
> > "They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve
> > neither liberty nor safety."
> >                                                 -- Benjamin Franklin
> >

> Hi,
>
> Sorry I didn't know you are using something different than plpgsql.
> You can check the actual syntax for your language(plperl I guess) here:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/server-programming.html
>
> Look for the "Trigger functions" section below the corresponding language.

Yes, it is not there, which explains why I did not see it.

I can execute an SQL queryy from within plperl, do you think that will get
this value?
neither liberty nor safety."
                        -- Benjamin Franklin

От: "Peter J. Holzer"
Сообщение: Re: Table with many NULLS for indexed column yields strange queryplan
Сообщение: Re: Table with many NULLS for indexed column yields strange query plan