Re: Should we remove a fallback promotion? take 2

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Should we remove a fallback promotion? take 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Mar-06, Michael Paquier wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 05, 2020 at 09:40:54AM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> > Seems reasonable, but it would be better if people proposed these
> > kinds of changes closer to the beginning of the release cycle rather
> > than in the crush at the end.
>
> +1, to both points.

Why?  Are you saying that there's some actual risk of breaking
something?  We're not even near beta or feature freeze yet.

I'm not seeing the reason for the "please propose this sooner in the
cycle" argument.  It has already been proposed sooner -- seven years
sooner.  We're not waiting for users to complain anymore; clearly nobody
cared.

I think dragging things forever serves no purpose.