Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command fromrecovery.conf or command line

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command fromrecovery.conf or command line
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Mar-06, Michael Paquier wrote:

> I was also thinking to split the patch into two pieces:
> - Introduction of common/archive.c and common/fe_archive.c (the former
> is used by xlogarchive.c and the latter only by pg_rewind).  The
> latter is dead code without the second patch, but this would validate
> the MSVC build with the buildfarm.
> - The pg_rewind pieces with the new option.

Hmm, doesn't the CF bot already validate the MSVC build?

Splitting in two seems all right, but I think one commit that introduces
dead code is not great.  It may make more sense to have one commit for
common/archive.c, and a second commit that does fe_archive plus
pg_rewind changes ...  If that doesn't work for whatever reason, then
doing a single commit may be preferrable.